Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time to be Me for Me

I have lived my life
Worrying about others
It's time to let go

_________________

    Lots of people are constantly stressed about a multitude of things. For some it's work, for others it's relationships, and these are just two of the stress points in most people's lives. Those things are constant. We have to work and we have to have relationships. 


   One stress point that most of us have (that we could all do without) is how we worry about what others think of us. "Oh no, I said something embarassing!" "I can't go up there and dance, someone might think I look stupid." "I can't possibly ask her/him out. If she/he said no, then people would think I'm a loser."  


    The truth is, yes. There are plenty of judgmental pricks out there who are so insecure that they look down on others to make themselves feel better. What we need to ask ourselves is this. "Should we care what they think?" 


    So you said something embarrassing. It's not the end of the world. In fact, the only reason it's embarrassing is that you CARE what those pricks think. Just laugh with the rest of the crowd. We all mess up and say dumb things. Worrying about what others think just holds us back and hurts ourselves. It keeps us from leading happy lives and makes us feel trapped and worthless. 


    I say these things because I see that they are true. I am currently in the process of TRYING to forget the pricks. It may be a long process, because letting go of these old habits can be difficult. I will get there. I don't want to live my life for them. I want to live my life for me. 




No comments: